FAQ: how to make cumin-crusted sea bass?
Quantity: 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp. cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. sea bass fillets, skinned and cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon or lime wedges
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2. In a dry skillet, toast cumin seeds over medium heat, stirring, until fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- 3. With a spice grinder or mortar and pestle, grind cumin seeds, salt and pepper into a fine powder. Rub spice mixture on both sides of bass.
- 4. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bass and
- cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- 5. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until fish is opaque in the center, 3 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately, with lemon or lime wedges.
- 130 calories
- 4 total fat (1 g sat)
- 47 mg cholesterol
- 1 g carbohydrate
- 21 g protein
- 0 g fiber
- 345 mg sodium